berlin is really freezing today. the sun is brightly shining and the world looks white and brand new.
and finally i feel calm. thank you so much to everyone who read yesterday’s column about my stressful week. just writing the column did the trick for me. after i clicked publish on that post, i did an hour of pilates and haven’t felt even the slightest trace of anxiety since.
so to celebrate my newfound calm, i’m sharing another recipe from my cookbook !
warm purple potato salad to be precice – because purple food is the prettiest.
now i’m topping this salad with garlic sautéed funnel chanterelles, which is one of my all-time fav mushrooms, and they grow all over sweden so i’ve actually picked these myself ( food geek over here holla ! )
if you’re not a mushroom picking culinary nerd though, feel free to use any type of mushrooms picked at the nearest supermarket.
purple potato salad with funnel chanterelles
100 ml / 0.4 cup dried funnel chanterelles, or mushroom of your preference
4 large or 6 small potatoes, boiled and peeled
500 ml / 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
a pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper, to taste
200 ml / 0.8 cup plant milk, unsweetened
1 tsp homemade raw mustard, or organic storebought dijon mustard
100 ml / 0.4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
100 ml / 0.4 cup leek, thinly sliced
3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
– soak the mushrooms ( if using dried ) for 15-20 mins until softened.
– sauté the purple cabbage in a hot pan with some water, until slightly softened but still crunchy. add half of the garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
– mix the avocado with plant milk and mustard until smooth. add the mix to the pan and stir. add half of the walnuts and leek slices to the cabbage mix. cook for a quick minute and remove from heat.
– sauté the mushrooms with the other half of the garlic in a little bit of the mushroom soaking water, for a few minutes. add salt and pepper to taste.
– cut the potatoes into thick slices and gently fold them into the cabbage mix. serve garnished mushrooms, as well as the rest of the leek and walnuts.
– tip : try switching the potatoes for pasta next time !
i’m signing off for today guys !
have a great day / evening and talk to you soon.
love // jenny
p.s. make sure to never miss a post – follow me on bloglovin’ !