a new vegan inspo episode – let’s go !
this time i’m trying a recipe for green cauliflower wings with a spicy orange glaze from the plant strong vegan.
i just love the blog’s writer and food creator margaret. she’s such a sweetheart and i’m so happy i found her blog and instagram account.
oh and she has a youtube channel too ! go subscribe kids ^^
ok let’s watch these little green guys get created :
i’ve never tried cauliflower wings before. have you ? what did you think ?
oh and like always, if you have a favourite blogger you want me to feature in a vegan inspo episode, let me know in the comments below !
green cauliflower wings
1 medium head cauliflower
500 ml / 2 cups greens ( i used spinach )
1 spring onion
300 ml / 1½ cups water
250 ml / 1 cup gluten free flour ( i used rice flour )
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp salt
– preheat your oven to 450°F / 230°C.
– cut your cauliflower into florets, make sure all the pieces are similar in size.
– wash and dry your cauliflower thoroughly.
– in a medium sized bowl, combine all your dry ingredients, whisking to evenly combine.
– in a blender, add in your water, greens, spring onion and apple cider vinegar. blend on high till completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
– whisk together the wet and dry ingredients till smooth.
– line baking sheet with parchment paper and begin to coat your florets in batter.
– using a slotted spoon, add a few florets into the batter and stir to coat. remove from the batter and tap off any excess.
– place on you baking sheet and repeat till all florets are coated.
– bake in the over for 16 minutes, flip and bake for another 16-18 minutes, till darker green and crispy on the outside, tender on the inside.
– remove from the oven and eat plain or toss in sauce.
– if you add sauce, coat evenly and lay florets back out onto your baking sheet. bake for another 6-8 minutes at 425°F / 220°C.
spicy orange glaze
415 ml / 1¾ cups orange juice, fresh squeezed
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp arrowroot starch
1 tbsp cold water
a pinch of salt
– in a small pot over medium high heat, add in your orange juice. bring to a boil.
– add in your red pepper flakes and in a small bowl combine the arrowroot and cold water, mixing till dissolved. add that into the boiling orange juice and whisk till evenly combined.
– turn the heat off and let your mixture sit.
– whisk every couple of minutes to check the consistency. it should thicken up in just a couple of minutes.
– let it cool, add in any extra seasonings you like. a pinch of salt balances the sweetness. minced garlic is another wonderful addition.
– pour into an air tight container and let cool to room temperature before you store it in the fridge.
thank you so much margaret for the recipe !
and to the rest of you – take a look at the plant strong vegan’s inventive and fun recipes next time you want to try something new in the kitchen.
take proper care of yourselves for now !
love // jenny
p.s. follow me on bloglovin’ – make sure to never miss a post again ^^
wearing ha ha shorts from zl by zlism ( sponsored product )