this recipe for chai roasted muesli is so great for autumn morning breakfast with the warming flavours of the chai spices. and it’s super easy to make too. i like making a lot at once and have it with my oat milk for breakfast, in my smoothie bowl for lunch, or just grabbing a handful straight out of the jar as a snack.
this is also a nut-free and gluten-free version (as long as your using gluten-free oats), so it’s allergy friendly. and packed with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and fibre – from the sunflower and flax seeds, dried fruit, oats and puffed rice.
roasting the muesli gives it a deeper flavour, and chewier consistency.
chai roasted muesli
200 ml / 0.8 cup pitted dates, soaked for about 1 h
1500 ml / 6.25 cups puffed brown rice (or white rice if you can’t find brown)
500 ml / 2 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free if needed)
300 ml / 1.25 cups organic raisins
100 ml / 0.4 cup sunflower seeds
100 ml / 0.4 cup flax seed meal
1-2 tbsp homemade chai spice mix
(or use any of the spices cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg to taste)
– preheat your oven to 150°C / 300°F.
– mix all the dry ingredients in a huge bowl, or 2 smaller ones.
– mix the soaked dates in a food processor or hand mixer, until completely smooth – addingwith a little bit of the date soaking water as needed.
– add the dates to the dry bowl and mix with your hands until the dates have been mixed in evenly.
– spread evenly on 2 parchment paper covered oven trays, and toast each batch in the oven for about 10 – 15 mins, until completely dry, stirring every 5 mins or so.
– keep in an airtight container.
i’m having some for brunch tomorrow – that’s for sure !
have a beautiful weekend.
love // jenny
p.s. make sure to never miss a post – follow me on bloglovin’ !