summer is here and all i want eat is watermelon, cool cucumber, salads, ice cream and everything raw and fresh !
are you feeling me ? if so, this recipe is for you !
filling yet refreshing and summery. perfect to bring to work since it’s delicous cold straight out of the fridge.
and besides – who can refuse the over the top colour combination of hot pink and bright green ? enticing !
except for the obvious credentials in looks and taste, this salad also happens to be bth cheap, super easy and hella healthy. win-win-win-win-win situation in other words.
pink rice summer salad with greens and mustard miso dressing
4 portions of short grain rice (like sushi or risotto rice)
2 beets, peeled & very thinly sliced
about 2 tbsp rice vinegar
500 ml / 2 cups green beans (frozen or fresh)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
0.5 cucumber, cut in strips
2 small scallions, sliced
1 head of lettuce (i used frillice lettuce but whatever you like is fine)
salt & black pepper
sesame seeds, to taste
my mustard miso sauce, to taste
– cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet. when there are only a few minutes left of the cooking time, add the beats and stir to get the pink colour. when the rice is cooked, remove from heat and let cool partly or completely, depending on if you want your salad to be cold or warm.
– mix in the rice vinegar. i like mine very vinegary, but a good idea is to add a little at a time to get it just right for your tastebuds.
– sauté the green beens in a little bit of water, minced garlic, salt and pepper. if you’re using frozen this will be very quick, the cooking time will be longer for fresh beans. they’re done when al dente. let cool somewhat or completely, fold in the cucumber and green onion.
– place lettuce in a bowl or on plates. add the rice mix and finish off with the greens and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
– add a healthy drizzle of my mustard miso sauce, or whichever other dressing you prefer.
let me know if you try this recipe out !
i always love to see when you cook my food and tag me in your instagram pictures showing the result ^.^
i had granola for breakfast, this for lunch, and soon me and david are off to a 5 course organic vegan dinner somewhere in mitte. my food day could be worse !
love // jenny
p.s. make sure to never miss a post – follow us on bloglovin’ !