like i say in the video, i hope you take the time to watch my video on sunday – when i can finally reveal the big project i been working on, i can’t wait. i hate keeping secrets, it’s eating away at me ^^
ok so come back and celebrate with me sunday !
alrighty back to the recipe. this is a oil, sugar and syrup free whole foods granola recipe, something i’ve been looking for but never finding online. so i just experimented a bit with what i thought might work and i got it just perfect on the first try ! i’m so proud.
the secret ? mixing soaked dates and tahini instead of oil and sugar / syrup.
both taste and texture was just what i was after. hope you like it too !
super healthy whole foods granola
250 ml / 1 cup dates, soaked
100 ml / ½ cup tahini
date soaking water
750 ml / 3 cups oats
250 ml / 1 cup mixed nuts (i used cashews, almonds, and hazelnuts), very roughly chopped
100 ml / ½ cup prunes, chopped
100 ml / ½ cup organic raisins
100 ml / ½ cup sunflower seeds
50 ml / ¼ shredded coconut
½ tsp cinnamon
a pinch of cardamom (optional)
– preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F.
– mix dates, tahini (and date soaking water if needed) in a food processor or blender until smooth. check the video to see how the consistency should be
– add all the dry ingredients in a very large bowl and toss. now it’s time to get messy, by mixing in the tahini date paste until al dry ingredients are coated
– spread the granola evenly on a parchment paper. press with the flat of your hand to make it denser
– bake the granola for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and deliciously nutty cinnamon smelling
– let cool, and break apart to desired chunk sizes. keep in an airtight container
ok guys, thanks for watching today.
and hope to see you on for my big day on sunday ! happy times ^^
love // jenny