if you read my post from saturday you already know that i spent a day with mad cool youtuber kicki yang zhang, who just also happens to be vegan. we did some shooting of course – a recipe video for my channel, and a behind the scenes segment for her vlog ( that you can see here ).
and here’s the recipe !
we made a creamy lentil salad, with pears, basil, tons of garlic, mustard and tahini. and we stuffed it all down a yummy baked sweet potato. an incredibly easy dish, and yet it turned out really yummy !
we used a type of lentils that i don’t think i’ve ever seen in a swedish food shop. they’re called berg linsen here in germany, and they are amazing !
like a cross between beluga and green lentils. quite firm, so they’re perfect for salads. but use whichever lentils you happen to get your hands on !
baked sweet potatoes stuffed with creamy lentil salad
about 3 servings
3 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp organic dijon mustard
3 tbsp tahini
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
juice from 0.5 lemon
2 cups of lentils, cooked ( i used lentils )
1 red onion, sliced
1 hard green pear, halved then sliced
a big handful of basil leaves
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
salt & pepper, to taste
3 big handfuls of spinach
serve with : red chilli flakes, nutritional yeast, more basil and sunflower seeds ( optional )
– preheat your oven to 175° C / 350° F.
– scrub the sweet potatoes and cut a cross on one side, going two thirds down. bake for 45-90 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes.
– in a bowl, mix tahini, mustard, garlic and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. you might need to add a splash of water depending on the consistency of your tahini. season with salt and pepper to taste.
– fold in onion, lentils, pear slices, sunflower seeds, and basil. make sure everything’s covered with dressing.
– to serve, place a handful of spinach on each plate, with the sweet potato on top. press firmly down around the cross on the top of the potato and that baby will open right up. stuff with lentil salad, and optionally serve with chilli flakes, nutritional yeast, and more basil leaves and sunflower seeds.
thank you so much kicki for dropping by ! it was so lovely to meet another vegan youtuber here in berlin ^^
and guys, show kicki some love by going over to her channel and check out her vlogs. especially the one with me in it of course !
this is the first time i’m being filmed by someone else than david actually – how exiting.
love // jenny
p.s. make sure to never miss a post – follow us on bloglovin’ !
or do us a solid and support us on patreon.