hey guys, hope you’ve had a great winter holiday so far !
i certainly have, eating tons of christmas food and trying to relax as much as possible. and i’m getting ready for a new year !
just before we left berlin, me and david teamed up with carpe diem and made this recipe video using one of their kombucha drinks. crazy delicious if i may say so myself ^^
now if you like brewing your own kombucha at home, you can of course use that for this recipe. if you’re having difficulties finding kombucha where you live, you can use sparkling wine, iced tea, or anything else you like. a splash of apple cider vinegar would probably to wonders to make the flavour more complex too.
the carpe diem kombucha drinks come in three different flavours – we’re using the quitte flavoured version in this recipe.
new years kombucha drink
about 4 servings
1 lemon, sliced
1 lime, sliced
5 cm / 2 in ginger, sliced
a large bunch of fresh mint
2 cups carpe diem kombucha drink, quitte flavour*
garnish : a sprig of mint and a lime wedge per serving ( optional )
– place sliced lemon, lime and ginger in a pitcher. i’m using organic ingredients so i’m keeping the peels. if you can’t find organic ginger and citrus, remove the peel.
– split the grapefruit in half and squeeze all the juice and as much as possible of the pulp into the pitcher. i’m using my hands, it’s messy but in a good way ^^
– fill up with the kombucha drink ( or whatever you’re using ).
– add the fresh mint. i usually mash up the leaves a little bit with my hands to get more flavour out of them.
– serve ice cold. you can add ice cubes too if you want. looks great in glasses garnished with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge.
hope you enjoyed this little new years treat. you can have a look at a video i made last year with healthy new years hors d’oeuvres if you want more ideas.
take care for now and enjoy the final days of the year !
love // jenny
p.s. make sure to never miss a post – follow me on bloglovin’ !