this is one of david’s absolute favourites from my cookbook.
so why not share his fav recipe this valentine’s week – let the romance continue !
( i’ve got two super yummy love themed posts coming up this weekend, so stay tuned ! )
raspberry filled coconut caves
about 10 pieces
1 tbsp coconut oil
100 ml / 0.4 cup raspberries ( fresh or frozen )
150 ml / 0.6 cup tofraiche ( find recipe in my cookbook ), or plain organic soy yogurt ( unsweetened )
zest of 1 organic lemon
2-3 tsp agave or maple syrup
100 ml / 0.4 cup almonds
300 ml / 1.25 cup shredded coconut
100 ml / 0.4 cup dates, pitted
1 tbsp peanut butter
a splash of water, if needed
– gently heat the coconut oil until liquid.
– mix the ingredients for the raspberry filling until smooth. give it a taste and sweeten it more if needed. thicken the filling by letting it sit in a coffee filter in the fridge for at least one hour.
– mix the almonds until grainy in a food processor or blender. add the remaining ingredients for the coconut caves and mix until the mass holds together nicely without being too crumbly. you might need to add a tiny bit of water.
– roll the almond mix to small balls and make an indentation with your thumb on each.
– fill the caves with raspberry mix using a spoon, piping bag, or plastic bag with one corner cut off. all done !
me and david are just now discussing what to do on sunday. do you guys have any plans yet ?
if you don’t – don’t forget i’ve got a lovely video planned for sunday, so you can always spend at least some of valentine’s day with me !
love // jenny
p.s. make sure to never miss a post – follow me on bloglovin’ !
or do me a solid and support me on patreon.