it’s sadly already here – the final episode of my new vegan cookbook video extravaganza !
hope you had fun and want to try out some of the recipes i’ve been sharing.
no reason to get too sad though, i’ll keep posting some of my favourite recipes from the cookbook further down the line. or you could just buy it !
in this video i’m making one of david’s recipes actually. he loves desserts and sweet stuff and always wants to bake me something, but i’m really not into sweet things. so one day he started making super fresh raw desserts, and he finally got me hooked. this is probably my favourite !
follow this link if you want to buy my book (in swedish).
ok let’s watch !
raw lime pie
200 ml / 0.8 cup hazel nuts
150 ml / 0.6 cup dates, soaked for at least one hour
3 limes, zest and juice
200 ml / 0.8 cup cashews, soaked for at least one hour
50 ml / 0.2 cup coconut oil
25 ml / 0.1 cup agave syrup
1 lime, sliced
– mix hazel nuts and dates (without the soaking water) to as smooth as possible, in a food processor or blender.
– place the dough in a pie dish or on a plate and form a circle. let sit in the fridge for at least one hour.
– heat the coconut oil carefully until melted.
– place the cashews (without soaking water) in a food processor or blender, with avocado, coconut oil, agave syrup and the juice and zest from the limes. mix until smooth, add more agave if needed.
– pour the filling evenly onto the crust and let sit in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours to settle. garnish with sliced lime just before serving.
thanks for watching these episodes and for celebrating the cookbook with me. you guys are always the best – it really is so much fun sharing this with you ^^
love // jenny